Supporting Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Homeowner
Once you have purchased a home, our post-purchase/non-delinquency education and counseling can help you navigate life as a homeowner. Common issues like home maintenance and financial management are covered in this HUD-approved housing counseling and education service. Come talk to our counselors for help with, among other topics:
- Avoiding predatory lending and other attractive traps of available credit as a homeowner;
- Understanding common credit problems that could lead to delinquency and foreclosure;
- Creating a realistic budget to lay a solid financial foundation;
- Understanding property taxes and insurance; and
- Protecting and maintaining your home.
Clients counseled were 2.83 times more likely to receive a loan modification and were 70% less likely to re-default on their modified loan.
— HUD Office of Housing Counseling Post-Purchase Counseling Fact Sheet
We can help you with your post-purchase needs. Fill out our in-take form, and we will match you with a counselor that is right for you.Get Started